Thursday, January 21, 2010


Alright PETA peeps, get ready. I've recently started getting into vintage fur- which I think is a fantastic loophole for getting fur- recycling old fur without growing the new fur industry. I found this mink purse for $35, and a silver fox wrap for $25 at an estate sale! They both needed a little TLC, and I've already replaced the lining and strap of the purse (and am kicking myself for not taking good 'before' pictures of the inside lining). The fabric I chose was a paisley silk skirt I found at Goodwill- once again- repurposing. My next post I'll put pics of the finished product, and I think at least one of the pics shows a little of the ugly dusty rose lining it had before. And please don't throw red paint on me next time you see me;)

No comments:

Post a Comment